Your cart is currently empty
Goya Flan: Flan Custard
Surprise your family and friends with Goya Flan for dessert. This special treat is quite easy to prepare. The recipe for this Spanish custard is right on the box. It makes four filling 1/2 cup servings.
Ingredients: SUGAR, DEXTROSE, CALCIUM CARRAGHEEN, SALT, VANILLIN (ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR), ARTIFICIAL COLOR FD&C YELLOW #5.
Instructions: Hob - From Ambient - Stovetop Instructions:.
- Add ¼ cup sugar to hea\vy saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, without stirring, until sugar melts and turns dark golden brown. Carefully pour caramel into a 2-cup mold, or evenly divide among 4½-cup molds; set aside.
- Add 2 cups milk* to saucepan over medium-high heat. Using a whisk, gradually stir in the contents of the package. Bring milk mixture to boil, stirring constantly (mixture will be thin), about 5 min.
- Pour the mixture into prepared mold(s); cover. Refrigerate until firm.
- Loosen flans by running a thin knife around the edges. Invert dessert onto a serving dish(s).
Microwave - From Ambient -
- Follow Step 1 (above).
- Add 2 cups milk* and contents of the package to microwave-safe bowl; using a whisk, stir until dissolved. Microwave on High 2½ min.; whisk well. Cook until hot, about 2½ min. more; whisk well (mixture will be thin).
- Continue with STEP 3 (above). *For best results, use whole milk. *For a denser texture, reduce milk to 1 ½ cups; reduce microwave time to 3 minutes. Because stoves and microwave ovens vary, heating times are approximate. Adjustment to cooking time may be required.